January 01, 2019 | Resources by Frank Dobscha
How to Use Text Giving
We are excited to begin using a text-to-give service! Giving by text offers a quick and easy way to donate. You only have to register your phone number once, and then it will remember you for future gifts.
- Text the word GIVE to the Leesburg UMC text giving number: 703-440-7222
- If it’s your first time, you’ll be prompted to click a link directing you to the online giving page to complete a one-time registration.
- Click “SIGN IN” then “REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT” at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the contact information and then click “REGISTER”.
- You will be sent a secure PIN to confirm your phone number, enter the SECURE PIN that the system texts you.
- Select the fund, enter the donation amount, and payment information before completing your gift.
- Click SAVE PAYMENT to keep your payment information securely saved for future gifts.
- To text a donation after the one-time registration, you can give immediately without having to re-enter any of your information.
- Simply text the desired amount and the fund keyword to the Leesburg UMC text giving number. For example: entering "100 ministry" will donate $100.00 to the Ministries & Missions fund.
List of the key words to use with Text Giving:
ministry --> Ministries & Missions
mortgage --> Mortgage
communion --> Communion
backpack --> Backpack Buddies
youth --> Youth Program Donation
flowers --> Alter Guild Flowers
college --> Faith Friends