October 18, 2019 | Missions by Margrit Snyder
LUMC Missions is asking everyone to fill a grocery bag with Thanksgiving dinner items (minus the turkey) for Loudoun Hunger Relief (due Nov. 10th). Each bag should contain enough items to feed four people and should include the following items:
- Gift card for $10-$20 to a local grocery store for purchasing a turkey or meat. No fresh or frozen turkeys as we do not have any way to refrigerate them!
- Powdered gravy mix or jarred/canned gravy
- canned cranberry sauce
- three types of canned vegetables
- canned sweet potatoes/yams or a mashed potato mix
- stuffing mix
- cornbread muffin or bread mix
- canned fruit for dessert or a box dessert mix
Bring your filled bag(s) to the Missions Room and put in the Loudoun Hunger Relief cart. Please put gift card(s) in the basket on the LHR shelf.
Thank you for helping to ensure that Loudoun families in need have a Thanksgiving meal!