March 19, 2021 | Articles | Children | Children's Ministry by Church Office
We have two VBS programs this summer!
Here's how the programs will work:
- Space will be limited to 30% of our normal capacity.
- Masks will be required at all times.*
- We will have grade level pods of 8-12 kids each, and each pod will be assigned its own large room (or area of the facility) and will not rotate through stations.
- Rooms will have hand sanitizer and sanitizer stations will be placed around the facility.
- Each pod will be assigned its own restroom.
- Pods will have scheduled times on the playground, on our new climbing wall, and computer lab.
- In addition to the regular VBS fun, we will be adding STEM activities.
- You have the option of forming your own pod or signing up individually.
- Optional: In order to take advantage of more space and the outdoors, some pods may walk off-site to the ball field across from the old hospital. They will cross Market at Liberty and walk up Liberty to Old Waterford and cross to the field. You can choose in your registration and your child will be placed in the appropriate pod.
Kids must be 4 years old by 9/30/21 and fully potty-trained.
Early Bird Registration: $30 per child
Regular Registration (After April 18): $40 per child
We need people to make VBS happen: Click here to volunteer.
Please use the links below to sign-up kids who we will place in pods with their peers (like normal).
The Knights of North Castle June 21 – 25, 9 am - Noon
Discovery on Adventure Island June 28 – July 2, 9 am – Noon
In the event that the registrations fill up, you can click the links below to be added to the waitlist.
Or form your own Pods:
By completing the POD form below, you are registering 10 spots for the camp for the purpose of ensuring that your child(ren)'s quarantine pod stays together (to limit potential exposure to Covid). As the purpose of these pods is to keep families together, they can be of mixed ages/grade levels. You will pay the full amount and you are responsible for ensuring your friends/family reimburse you.
After completing this form, within the next 24-72 hours you will receive a link to register individual children. Use this link to complete for your own child(ren) and share it with your pod-mates to sign up; you will receive confirmations when they sign-up.
THIS IS THE POD REGISTRATION FORM for Knights of North Castle
June 21 – 25, 9 am - Noon
THIS IS THE POD REGISTRATION FORM for Adventure Island
June 28 – July 2, 9 am – Noon
*We anticipate that many current Covid mitigation measures will still be in place in June, as our kids and most of our teen volunteers will not be vaccinated. We will update our protocols as conditions and Virginia UMC policies* allow and keep you informed of any changes.