December 01, 2019 | Next Level Innovations
In the next few weeks, the NLI Hospitality Task Force will be at work making Wesley Hall even more hospitable as the holiday season gets under way. Here are some of the new things to look for in the coming weeks:
- A photo gallery wall, featuring pictures of our congregation fellowshipping
together, serving together, and worshipping together over the past year, will be located next to the archives room. This location is meant to signify that we are a church with a significant and meaningful past, a vibrant present, and a hopeful future.
- A chest/console to serve as an information center for sign ups, hand outs,
and other items that used to be located at the Just Ask Desk will be added. The drawers will store convenience items for use in Wesley Hall, such as the DVD player/ cable for the television, pens, clipboards, etc. Find this new info center below the Wesley TV.
- A historical gallery wall, featuring photos of our church history, will be laid out on the wall that adjoins the Narthex. It will include familiar photos relocated from other walls as well a some new ones that we collected from Thomas Balch Library.
- The glass-topped display will also rerelocated to serve as an anchor for the historical photos. We selected the narthex wall for this gallery because it is an original wall, so we’re celebrating our history on our historical wall.
- Conversation areas are being furnished in two corners of Wesley Hall
where people can sit to enjoy their coffee and conversation on Sunday mornings.
- The new furnishings include some light-weight arm chairs that can easily be moved out of the room if needed, yet are more formal and substantial than folding chairs .
- We also have new black occasional tables to place coffee and snacks on while they sit.
We hope that you will enjoy these improvements to Wesley Hall. We have taken care to listen to each other throughout this process as we have discerned what was needed to amplify the beauty and functionality of this room. We were thoughtful as we chose items that enhance the beauty of the space and respect and honor its historical significance. We believe that Wesley Hall is the hub of our hospitality on Sunday mornings, and we hope that these changes will help create an even more welcoming atmosphere for you and all our guests.