Welcome to Leesburg United Methodist Women!
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members around the world whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Our Leesburg United Methodist Women unit is comprised of multiple small groups or “circles” that vary in size from six to over twenty members. Each small group meets monthly to engage in work toward the United Methodist Women purpose. Meetings generally include devotionals, response moment sharing, a program, prayer calendar and concerns, mission planning/activities, support and fellowship. We are organized to support local and worldwide mission.
United Methodist Women is a community of women whose purpose is:
- To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- To develop a creative supportive fellowship and
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Women members of Leesburg United Methodist Church are not “automatically” members of United Methodist Women and members of the United Methodist Women are not required to be members of the United Methodist Church. Membership in the Leesburg United Methodist Women is open to any woman who indicates her desire to belong, and to participate in support of the purpose.
Consider visiting one of our small group circle meetings. The meeting times are listed below. Please email the contacts below to find out more.
- Hannah's Sisters Circle, TBD
- Kathryn Eye Circle, 2nd Tuesday @ 10:30 am, Betsy Creamer
- Sunshine Circle, 3rd Monday @ 7:00 pm, Connie Snodgrass and Lynn Kolonich
- Susanna Wesley Circle, 2nd Monday @ 7:00 pm, Nancy Wolford
Leesburg United Methodist Women unit is one of close to fifty units in the Winchester District of the Virginia Conference United Methodist Church. These local units are all sizes: from units in small, rural churches, to units in large, urban churches with multiple circles.